This role is a technical support position within the Managed Services group. This person is a first level support provider, responsible for supporting end-users in customer organizations regarding networking, unified communications, security appliances, and desktop/server incidents.
They will be responsible for interacting with users at all levels within customer organizations and triage of after-hours incidents. The role will also, in some cases, be responsible for liaising with technology vendors as part of the issue resolution process, updating inventory and the internal knowledgebase as well as internal and external documentation. The candidate will work directly with and take guidance from and report directly to the manager of Managed Services.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- Monitor and resolve customer incidents or escalate to appropriate staff as needed
- First responder for all incoming user requests (email, phone, helpdesk portal) from Global users
- Understand and work within SLA/SLO agreements
- Communicate with customers in business terms according to Synnapex guidelines
- Create, manage, and update tickets with accurate information
- Co-ordination with hardware vendors when required
- After-hours maintenance and changes based on prepared MOPs (Method of Procedure)
- Remote support for customer environments
- Patch Management monitor, recommendation and mitigation
- Updating inventory and maintaining inventory database
- Assist with preparation and revising documentation such as “how-to” guides
- Update internal knowledgebase
- Assist with research if required
- Review, develop and recommend changes regarding support procedures
- Assist team members with projects as required
- Assist with audit support
- Assist with bug tracking and vulnerability management
- Support role in disaster recovery scenarios
- Additional duties, as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary education in a related field
- 1-3 years practical business experience
- Pursuit of one of the following certifications is an asset: Microsoft (MCSE/MCSA or equivalent, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Security+, A+, Network +, Unified Collaboration)
- MS Office applications (Excel, Access, Outlook and Word)
- Well-rounded familiarity with IT concepts such as networking, wireless, access-lists, servers, programming
- Able to work with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment
- Comfortable with dealing with customer support
- Strong desire to learn, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven organizational and detailed capabilities in a cross departmental support role
- Canadian French an asset
- Ethics – treat people with respect; keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others: work with integrity and ethically uphold organizational values.
- Organization Support – Follow policies and procedures and complete tasks on time. Support organization’s goals and values.
- Professionalism – approach others in a tactful manner. Treat others with respect regardless of their status or position.
**Please note that our successful candidate is required to complete a background check**
Please be sure to attach your resume with your application.
Careers at Synnapex
We’re looking for talented professionals, just like you.
Browse our open positions and let us know if you think we’d make a good team.