Solution Architects will provide technical solution development expertise, as well as consulting services, opportunity development and delivery, as part of Synnapex’s Sales Team. The position will report to the Solution Architect Manager. You will work directly with the broader sales team on the development and positioning of Infrastructure Solutions and Technology Consulting engagements for Synnapex’s customers with a focus on delivering a solution that provides the customer with true business value.
The position will report to the EVP, Sales and Solution Architect Manager. You will work directly with the broader sales team on the development and positioning of Infrastructure Solutions and Technology Consulting engagements for Synnapex’s customers, focusing on delivering a solution that provides the customer with true business value.
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
Develop business-focused IT infrastructure solutions for existing and potential Synnapex customers based on the following technologies:
- Infrastructure Networking Technologies
- Cisco / Meraki
- Infrastructure Security Technologies
- Cisco / Meraki
- Fortinet, Palo Alto, Check Point
- Data Centre Technologies
- VMWare/Hyper-V Technologies
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Storage Technologies
- Collaboration Solutions
- Microsoft / 8×8 / Mitel
- Work directly with Account Managers to deliver:
- Delivery of Bills of Material for Inside Sales quoting
- Delivery of Statements of Work for Professional Services engagements
- Delivery of Managed Services Agreements
- Conduct technical solution presentations
- Conduct regular cadence meetings with clients
- Identify and develop the technologies, messaging and marketing required to achieve comprehensive solution offerings for Synnapex customers
- Coordinate with the Synnapex Professional Services and Project Management groups on consulting engagements
- Provide responsive advice, counsel, education, and service regarding IT issues and trends pertaining to Synnapex service offerings
- Work with the EVP, Sales and Solution Architect Team Lead to identify and develop, the technologies and messaging/marketing required, to achieve comprehensive solution offerings for Synnapex and its customers.
- Coordinate with other members of the Synnapex Professional Services Group to provide follow-up to consulting engagements.
- As a trusted advisor for Synnapex customers, provide responsive advice, counsel, education, and service concerning IT issues and trends as it pertains to Synnapex service offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deliver proposals for Technology Consulting engagements focused on (but not limited to) Compliance and Enterprise Architecture.
- Act as solution lead on Technology Consulting engagements.
- Develop and deliver solution proposals and RFP/RFI responses to existing clients and prospective clients, in coordination with account executives.
- Develop and deliver technical presentations, lead strategy sessions and executive briefings to existing and prospective clients, in coordination with account executives.
- Obtain and maintain required vendor certifications
- Develop and present ideas for new solution offerings including, but not limited to, technical capabilities, marketing concepts, utility-like services, and consulting approaches
- Work with Professional Services team to develop and implement technology demos within the Synnapex’s lab
- Work with Professional Services team to design and develop proof-of-concept projects for customers on specific Synnapex Infrastructure Solutions.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all Infrastructure Solutions technologies, with an emphasis on Synnapex’s Tier 1 partners
- Choose at least one specific “specialization” technology in which in depth knowledge will be maintained.
- Provide semi-annual technology briefings to the Synnapex Sales, Solution Architecture, Engineering and Technical Consulting team on new developments in the selected specialization technology.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education and Experience
- University Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience
- In-depth, multi-vendor understanding of enterprise system and storage technology
- Has preferably occupied a variety of technical, sales, and project management roles
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
- Excellent communications skills and the ability/affinity for communicating with customers/senior internal management in both formal and informal situations as required.
- Experience conducting presentations and/or leading design sessions with customers
- Able to work with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate well with other teams
- Comfortable with dealing with internal teams at all levels
- Strong desire to learn, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven strong organizational and attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ethics – treat people with respect; keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others: work with integrity and ethically uphold organizational values.
- Organization Support – Follow policies and procedures and complete tasks on time. Support organization’s goals and values.
- Professionalism – approach others in a tactful manner. Treat others with respect regardless of their status or position.
**Please note that our successful candidate is required to complete a background check.**
Please be sure to attach your resume with your application.
Careers at Synnapex
We’re looking for talented professionals, just like you.
Browse our open positions and let us know if you think we’d make a good team.