The role of Solution Engineer is a position within the Professional Services group. This person is a professional services resource responsible for implementing and supporting Synnapex’s clients with routing & switching and security related projects.
The Solution Engineer will be responsible for interacting with clients, to prepare, plan, implement and optimize security solutions. The engineer will also be, in some cases, responsible for supporting existing Managed Services clients as a Level 3 escalations from our dedicated Managed Services resources.
The Solution Engineer will also be responsible for tasks such as updating inventory and the internal knowledgebase as well as internal and external documentation. The candidate will work directly with, take guidance from and report directly to the manager of Professional Services.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- Work with the customer to design an appropriate technical solution based on the bill of materials provided
- Staging and configuration of the customer hardware
- Installation and testing of the hardware onsite at the customer facilities
- Commissioning of the end solution alongside the customer
- Troubleshoots problems with hardware equipment and software applications, as well as recommend corrective action
- Prepare comprehensive documentation reflecting the implemented solution
- Prepare and provide end-user and admin-user training sessions and materials
- Provide Level 2/3 Support on tickets and/or issues escalated from Managed Services
- Use interpersonal skills, product knowledge and expertise to respond to daily customer-centric activities
- Assist the sales team through the preparation and delivery of technical presentations and statements of work by matching specific client business requirements with effective technical solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- 3-5 +years practical business experience.
- Holding of one of the following certifications is an required: Microsoft (MCSE or equivalent, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Fortinet, Security+, A+, Network +, Unified Collaboration)
- MS Office applications (Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word)
- Nexus 9K / 7K / 5K / 3K / 2K
- Cisco Enterprise Routing and Switching
- Juniper Enterprise Routing and Switching
- HP and Aruba Enterprise Routing and Switching
- Ability to assist in the pre-sales process
- Able to work with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment
- Comfortable with dealing with customer support
- Strong desire to learn, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven organizational and detailed capabilities in a cross departmental support role
- Ability to concisely document an issue and its solution
- Canadian French an asset
- Ethics – treat people with respect; keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others: work with integrity and ethically uphold organizational values.
- Organization Support – Follow policies and procedures and complete tasks on time. Support organization’s goals and values.
- Professionalism – approach others in a tactful manner. Treat others with respect regardless of their status or position.
**Please note that our successful candidate is required to complete a background check**
Please be sure to attach your resume with your application.
Careers at Synnapex
We’re looking for talented professionals, just like you.
Browse our open positions and let us know if you think we’d make a good team.